Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bonnie & Clyde


Bonnie & Clyde is a film about Bonnie Parker, a small town woman who is unhappy living her mediocre life as a waitress who meets Clyde Barrow, a seasoned criminal who is looking for a parner, both in crime and in life. They begin to commit crimes all around the South as partners, starting with small petty crimes and eventually moving onto bank robberies all throughout Texas, all the while falling in love. They recruit others to join in their efforts throughout the film: a gas station attendant named C.W., and Clyde's brother and sister-in-law, Buck and Blanche. Together, they were known as the Barrow Gang and are hunted by the police wherever they go.

Bonnie & Clyde frustrated me because I felt like it didn't go anywhere. I felt as though the plot was dull and lifeless, and that every robbery was awkwardly staged and boring. The Barrow Gang, although violent at times, is the worst bunch of criminals that I have ever seen portrayed in a film. The monotonous and dull plot, combined with the bleak and empty backdrop of Texas bored me to the point where I was just wishing that Bonnie and Clyde would be shot and that the movie would be over. All together my frustration with the dynamic between Bonnie and Clyde, my frustration with the annoying nature of Buck and Blanche, and the story that never seemed to end made me feel so grateful that I never have to see this movie ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment